Saturday, November 8, 2008

Prayer Warrior

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Everyone should have a prayer warrior in their life. We should all have someone who believes strongly in the power of prayer, willing to stand beside us. We each need an intercessor willing to go and lay our needs at the foot of the cross. Many times our pride gets in the way and we are unwilling to ask for what we need. Many times we are unwilling to go to someone and say “I need prayer.” The bible tells us in James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” While I am here in China, I continue to hear stories of how fervent prayer has brought forth some amazing things.

I know many of you are out there praying for me and the work that everyone is doing here at Shepherd’s Field. I would like to introduce you to one of my personal prayer warriors. For those who have never met a prayer warrior, they are someone who truly believes in the power of prayer and are willing to keep praying for the needs of others until those needs are met. My personal prayer warrior is so precious to me. At a young age, she has already learned of the power of prayer. May the rest of us be as willing to come before our Lord and place our needs at the foot of the cross.

Let me introduce you to Anna Pieschke. Anna is 5 years old. She was adopted from China 3 months before her 3rd birthday. From the moment she was brought into her family, she saw what prayer was all about. She not only heard it daily but participated in it. She saw that when challenges arose, people prayed. When blessings happened, people praised God and prayed in thanksgiving. When adults were asked what their prayer requests were, Anna was not excluded. She witnessed her prayers being answered as the Lord brought home a sister from China yet she would be able to stay home with mommy. When I call back to the states, one of my favorite things to hear about is what she is praying for at home. She prays for me, the boys I teach and that they Lord would bring me home. Many in the bible were successful because they had someone behind them, waiting for them, helping them through prayer. I am so blessed to have this prayer warrior in my life.



Anna, Dawn and her sister, Sarah
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hello Dawn, this is Dave from Walt and Marilyn's church (nice people!).I'm glad you made it to China as I was praying for everything to work out with your house and cats. I have never used a blog before so plese let me know if you recieve this message. Is there anything in particular that I may lift in prayer for you? Keep up the Lord's work!