Sunday, November 30, 2008

Have you found your purpose?

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

WOW! All I can say right now is WOW! I walked out of church today amazed and inspired! There was this man named Nick Vujicic speaking. I had seen him a few weeks ago on tv when I was in Hong Kong and this week he was speaking in our church in Beijing. He has a story to tell. You just have to read it in his words. Since writing is not my strength, I won't do it justice. Check out his site to read more about him.
http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/about-nick-vujicic.php

I'll start by telling you he was born without any limbs. He has a small foot that he calls his "chicken leg." With this he is able to do all that he needs to do. The most amazing thing about him is that he could have let all the circumstances in his life that he had no control over turn him bitter and nasty. He talked about his life and the times when he asked God "Why if you loved me did you give me less?" We as human beings have all asked God similar questions. "Why me?" "What am I going to do?" "How could this happen?" He found his answers in Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. "

We have a choice. We can look at the circumstances in our life and let them rule our emotions or we can look back to God and TRUST that He has plans for our lives and He can use anything that happens. When we are focused on God's purpose for our lives instead of the circumstances, things work together for good.

One of the questions God asked Nick was "Do you trust me?". My question to you is "Do you trust Him?". Are you willing to let the miracle of God into your life? I can't begin to know what circumstances are in your life but I know God does. I also know He has a plan for you and a purpose for your life. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 He longs to give you the strength to handle all the circumstances that are in your life, especially the ones you don't know what to do with! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 I know some of the plan He has shown me in my life and I look forward to seeing more of what He has planned for me. With those plans, I know I will deal with many challenges. There have been numerous times in my life that I know it wasn't by my own will that I got through circumstances I was dealing with. I was only by His strength. It will be His strength that I plan on using to deal with any additional challenges that come into my life. You can have this strength too. This comes to anyone who is willing to believe and have faith in Jesus Christ as their savior. I remember life when I wasn't willing to trust Him to lead me, guide me, direct me and I am so glad that I never have to go back there! I have the promise of heaven and you to can have it too. Just ask Him into your life. He's been waiting for you.

No comments: