Saturday, January 17, 2009

God provides

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?" Matthew 6:25


Have you ever found yourself wondering "how am I going to do...?" I have. I think most people at one time or another have questioned how things would work out, where a payment would come from, where money for gas or groceries would come from this week. As human beings we tend to think how am "I" going to do it.

I had that same thought just last week. The funny thing is G*d used that moment to humble me. There are plenty of things that I don't know how they are going to work out while I am here and I was just questioning what "I" was going to do about it. I picture G*d chuckling to himself everytime that we do that. It isn't our job to provide for ourselves, it is HIS job. The funniest thing is that when we try to do His job, we tend to mess it up.

Fortunately for me, He loves me enough to remind that it is HIS job BEFORE I tried doing anything and messing up. He gently reminded me that it was His job when I received three unexpected packages. They all came from a loving couple I met here in the Fall. They are from Kentucky. I won't tell you their name for I desire them to receive treasures in heaven for what they have done in His name. This package arrived the very next day after I started questioning things. It was a blessing to be given so much! Far more than I ever would have expected. It was G*d's gentle way of humbling me and reminding me that providing my needs, ALL MY NEEDS, is His job. It is a job that He loves to do. It is also a job that can be done so well when He does it. Thank you L*rd for loving me the way you do. Thank you for bringing amazing people here to PHF. Through them, your work continues to be done long after they have left Ch*na, I am blessed abundantly to be a recipient of your work. Thank you Kentucky.


This is all they sent. They included all my favorites that are expensive here in Ch*na: Nilla Wafer, pretzels, Splenda, microwave popcorn, instant oatmeal, and crystal light. They also included some bibs and gloves for the babies. We all have periods of doubt and trying to "fix" things on our own. I ask you now though to give those over to J*sus. He wants to provide ALL YOUR NEEDS. Lay those needs at His feet and wait and see what He can do when you let Him do what only He can do best. He is our provider. He is our J*hovah Jireh.

No comments: