Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Red Thread Moment

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."- an ancient Chinese belief

We have entered into the "team season" again here at PHF. It has started to get really busy and I am finding that I am trying to "wear too many hats" at one time as more people come. One of the blessings with having more people come is I get to meet some of the people that pr*yed for me before I accepted the job here teaching the boys. One woman who came with a team from Clearwater, Florida was actually considering my job. It was wonderful to get to spend time with her and see why G*d needed here at home. She has a granddaughter with a cleft palate and is very involved with many good things. I will never stop being amazed how He placed that need on people's hearts who never met me before. I love how He works!

On Monday, two doctors arrived. It was awesome to find out they came from Syracuse, NY. That is my territory! Not exactly right around the corner but when you are talking about being on the other side of the world, Syracuse is close enough. What really made this one a red thread connection was that as Paul was telling me his story, I felt I had met him and his wife before. For some reason I felt I had met them at a craft show. I guess it was because I couldn't remember what else I would have done that would have led me to meet them. It was his wife Melissa that remembered where we had met. It was at an adoption seminar last spring!

My best friends, Marilyn and Walter Pieschke, run adoption seminars for AWAA a couple times a year. I have often presented at these. After my initial trip to Ch*na in the summer of 2006, I really felt that people needed to know the typical life for some orphans. It was just awesome to see how some of things I had said at that seminar impacted her. He is soooooo good! You never know who is listening to the things you say. You never know who you are going to effect. This is why we need to share our stories. The things G*d has shown you and done in your life could positively effect another person's life. I had a hard time "justifying" going on that trip because I was in the middle of getting my paperwork ready for Ch*na. It was His plan and I love that He continues to let me see the fruit from that event.

My request for you is that if you feel He is directing you down a certain path, then STEP! When He guides, He provides. It doesn't have to make sense. Many times, the bigger it is, the less it will make sense to us. Those are the times that He wants us to trust in Him even more and faithfully STEP! You will be blessed beyond measure when you step where He has asked you to. I was and continue to be. I can't wait to see what other red thread moments He is going to provide for me while I am here.

No comments: