Saturday, March 14, 2009

Penny's Gang

Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the Gentiles, And sing praises to Your name. 2 Samuel 22:50

To those of you who know me well, you know that I often have the best intentions. That is exactly what this blog is...the best intentions. This is about an event that happened almost two weeks ago but it was still worth blogging about. Hope you don't mind that my intentions of getting it out to you is a little delayed.
Two weeks ago, we were blessed here at Shepherd's Field to have some artists from Oregon and California come visit us and perform for the staff and children. it was such an amazing blessing.

Penny's Gang in our Outreach Center

These artists are working with Penny's Gang Records and have these HUGE hearts. The Outreach Center will eventually be the area where meals will be served to the staff, the school aged children and guests. This will also be a gathering place for events such as this one. We had a team come through in the fall when it was not yet completed. We sang in here then and knew this building was designed for worsh*p! And worsh*p we did, then and now!

(From L to R) Cal Coyle, Shelley James, Patrick Paegel and Chris Bolden

Cal and Shelley are married and listening to them harmonize is truly music to your ears. You know that they were designed for each other. Patrick is a very humble man. He will not speak much about what he has done but I believe he has written many worship songs. He has been given a gift. One of his latest can be heard on http://www.pennysgangrecords.com/. I find myself singing it many mornings. It is called "The Great I am". Actually you can hear all the artist on the Christm*s CD. Chris Bolden is their producer and another amazing man.

Teacher Wang and Bea

For those of you that may not know, this little beauty is the one I have been pr*ying about. As I walked around singing, there was one moment that Bea turned and stared at me. She was no longer watching the people singing, but watching me. The thought that ran through my head as she watched me was "Is this a daughter watching her mother?". Time will tell if that truly was the case or not.


Shelley James

I was in my glory singing with them. I just kept walking around the back, taking pictures and loving the sound of singing in a building that was made for it. The sound was glorious. As the words were sung, I just kept thinking of how each one of them may or may not know our Savi*r. I just pr*yed that the words we sang touched them in a way that other things have not yet reached them. Shelley sang a version of Amazing Grace that has a chorus that says "Amazing Grace, Amazing Mercy, Amazing Love for me." I have seen that Grace. I have felt that Mercy. I know that Love. I so want everyone here to know it too though I know it is highly unlikely that all will accept Him.

Though many of the staff and children do not understand English, I do believe many of them were enjoying the music.

Cameron, Josiah, Jerak Robbins and friends


Hayden, Joy and Kathy


Teacher Wang and Henry

a little help from a loving nanny


This little guy wanted to get closer to the music. He got up from his chair and walked up to Bill. Bill was sitting right next to Cal, the bass guitarist. What better seat than this one to enjoy the show from!


After the show, the children shared there talents as well. Our first singer was Grady. Grady is a 13 year old boy with Scoliosis. He has a great heart and a great smile and longs for a family. what child doesn't want to be a part of a family?


Our next young man was Jamison. He is 11 years old. He suffers from burns but it didn't effect his voice. It was beautiful. He has been given a gift, a wonderful gift, one we were glad to have him share with us.


Our next performers were Seth, 13 and Christina, 9.

Our last performers were from some of the youngest ones in the bunch. Kathy, 6, Jerak Robbins, 4, and Joy, 4 joined friends in singing a Chinese song for us and also Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. They were so precious.

Join me in praising Him for giving us these children to care for. What a gift we are given. Pr*y we are able to share His love with all of them here and they will come to know Him too. The older children long for a baba (a father) and they have one that wants to wrap His loving arms around each and every one of them. He is already watching over them. May they one day come to truly know Him and know that the comfort they have comes from Him. Nothing would be more glorious.

No comments: