Saturday, July 18, 2009

Knowing...

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. John 1:10

I was talking to a friend of mine on Facebook tonight. I was sharing with her how exciting it is to see G*d working through this adoption. She has two adopted little ones too, so she personally knows the miracle of adoption.

She was asking how the financial situation is coming along. I want you all to know how amazed I am! I have watched Him work greatly in many people's hearts to want to join in helping to bring home Jade. I was telling my friend how excited I was to tell my daughter about "her story." People don't even know her yet they feel an attachment to her. I don't know her but I know without a doubt she is mine. We are all thinking about her and anxiously waiting for the moment when I get her! It will be that moment when she truly comes to know she has a mama...one who loved her before she ever saw my face...a mama who has only wanted the Lord to bless her abundantly.

I started thinking about how this must have been for G*d with each of us. I think about the time I lived before I knew Him...knew His love. Before I knew Him, He was thinking about me. I didn't know Him but He knew that I was His. (Isaiah 43:1) He was anxiously waiting for the moment that I would one day see Him and come to know Him as my daddy (Romans 8:15). He taught me how to patiently (some of the time) wait for my daughter as He waited 36 years for me. I guess my 4 1/2 years of waiting pales in comparison.

I remember listening to Mary Beth Chapman speaking in an interview of when they handed her their daughter Shaohannah. She said "I get it Lord." Today was that moment for me...I get. I get how much He loves us as He waits patiently for us. Not all will come to Him. For those of us who have, we too have been adopted into His family. He is our papa...our daddy...our father...who lovingly waited for us. He is so glad to wrap His arms around His children.

May you wrap your arms around your little ones tonight. Remember how you waited for them...weither it was their birth or their adoption...Can you remember those feelings? If you have not yet met my maker...He too feels that for you. He wants you to come into the family. He wants to wrap His arms around you and say "I love you my child." This is there for anyone who shall believe in Jes*s Chr*st as their savior. May you come to join us in this amazing family.

No comments: