Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Waiting some more

Wait on the L*RD; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the L*RD! Psalm 27:14

Waiting on Him has not been the easiest thing to do. I know He has a plan. I know that becoming a mom is His plan for me and my daughter is in Ch*na. I love to have my ducks in order. At this point, I don't even know when the ducks will be coming in muchless how many will be arriving. Not very easy for me. I am trying really hard to trust in Him and the fact that where He guides, He provides.

The world can't understand why I would want to return to Ch*na to raise my daughter for the next year. In their eyes, I make more money in the states and could provide so much more for her here. It made it even harder when I didn't get approved for the loan that I applied for. All along, I kept working on getting my debt lower and my credit record better so I would be elligible for a loan when the time came. Never did ever consider that I wouldn't be elligible because I was making so little and didn't have enough to make the payment.

I love how He loves me though. When they declined me for the loan, I immediately thought "Well, this is just going to be a bigger G*d story!" It definitely is! I had continued to hope for the loan to go through even though I should have figured out I wouldn't get it when I filled out the forms. He continued to let me hope for it until the right time. Now He just wants me to wait on Him and faithfully do what He asks.

I love that while you wait on Him, He blesses you along the way. I have received a few tokens for good. Today, I received a donation check for $3000. I was blown away! I love how He uses people to do His work. He has touched so many people with the spirit of adoption. Those people want to share in helping others receive that joy as well. I am getting so much closer. This is all due to the faithful out there pr*ying and doing as He guides as well. Thank you all for being a part of Jade's journey home!

I still have some last minute grants that I am going to apply for. I am waiting to hear from A Child Waits Foundation and Show Hope. He knows the needs for the adoption, for the travel needed later in the year to make her a US citizen as well as the needs for our year in Ch*na. There is nothing HE can't do. So for now, I wait on the L*RD! He continues to give me confirmation after confirmation that where I am stepping is His plan and no matter what door closes, I will step where He guides.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Dawn, I understand! I envy you (in a good way of course!). I want to do that--serve him with my whole heart, soul, mind, body.... You are living it! I wish I was there with you!

Praying for you and your sweet daughter--how wonderful those words sound!

Shirlee McCoy said...

One of the biggest lessons adopting Q has taught me is that God is way beyond the limits I put on Him. My mind has always known that, but now the truth is solidly planted in my heart (and in my home). When we are seeking His path, He always provides a way for us to walk on it.

Jeff & Janelle said...

praying lots for you dear woman!!! Miss you and just want you to know that HE MAKES EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME!!!