Friday, May 8, 2009

Can you guess who is going to be a mom?

He maketh the barren woman to keep house, [and to be] a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD. Psalm 113:9

I would like to share some wonderful news with all of you! Many of you know that I started my adoption 4 1/2 years. It has finally gotten to the point where I can say...I AM GOING TO BE A MOM! Yes you read it right...a mom! She is 2 1/2 years old. She is from Tianjin. She was born on 10-22-06 and was abandoned on 11-1-06. She has albinism. This means she will be an albino.

I would love to post a picture but at this time, I can't. Part of my process is that I sent my paperwork in to Ch*na requesting Wei Mingcong. Now I wait. It is in their court. We wait for them to preapprove me and then send me a Letter of Confirmation. This will take a few months but I expect to have her by sometime in the fall.

This has happened faster than I ever expected. The week before I left on vacation, I had finally submitted my Special Needs Application to AWAA. The first time I reviewed the application almost a year ago, I was overwhelmed by the special needs listed. I thought "Oh, I couldn't do these. This is more than I can handle." After working here, I sat down to fill out the application and my thoughts were so different. As I looked at things that caused me fear previously, this time I saw faces. As I looked at each condition, I saw faces of the children here that have that same condition. They are children...children that need a home. How was I to say no. I was putting it in His hands to choose who was best for me. Isn't it amazing how He can change our hearts to match the plans He has for us when we are open to it?

On Monday night, I called my agency to go over some questions they had for me re: my application. As my family coordinator and I spoke, I shared with her that Bea (Dong Hongcui) had been on my heart since last June but I was open to whatever child He had planned for me. If it wasn't her, I just wanted Him to give her a family. Since she has a repaired lip and soon to have a repaired palate, she would be easily adopted. After sharing this, they informed me they had a few referrals they were considering for me. I sat speechless. (WOW! He has made me speechless many times here. I guess it is a good place for me!) Around midnight on Monday, I received Wei Mingcong's pictures and paperwork. She is precious. As I sat and pr*yed, I was initially shocked and then started to doubt myself. Why then had Bea been on my heart since June? I love when He answers us in that still small voice. He reminded me that if I hadn't asked about her paperwork, there is no telling how long it would have been for her orphan*ge to realize her paperwork and that of 3 others was missing. Because I asked, they have now restarted the paperwork necessary for those 4 children to be eligible to have a family. I did have a role in her life...but not as her mama. He has someone else planned.

I am so excited! I finally feel "pregnant"! And believe it or not, I'm not showing one bit! :) I guess Sunday is going to be a Happy Mother's Day after all!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Congratulations Dawn! You must be over the moon with excitement. I love how the Lord works.

MelissaPaulKo said...

congrats Dawn! This is so awesome....

Mandie said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I was thinking of you the other day and our conversation about waiting for your referral in January when we were there visiting before getting "Charlie". You have such faith and I admire that. I can't wait to see pictures of your little Jade.

Mandie