Friday, May 8, 2009

More May Birthdays

And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him. Luke 2:40

That is my hope and pr*yer for all the children here, on their birthdays and everyday. This week we have celebrated 4 birthdays here at Shepherd's Field. Let me introduce you to our birthday boys and girls.

Fred

Fred (Fu Kangzhen) from Jiaozuo was born on 5-5-08. He has cleft lip and palate. His lip has been repaired but I don't believe his palate has been yet. He truly enjoyed his birthday card. He has grown in the past few months since he arrived here. Isn't it grand how lots of love and help a child grow? Guess that may be why they put him in the House of Love.

Aubrey
Aubrey (Rao Xiachen) is from Shangrao. She was born on 5-5-06. She has a genetic syndrome. Aubrey also lives in the House of Love. I ended up interrupting her at preschool so we could give her the birthday card the boys made. Fortunately, Cole was there too.

Cole
Cole (Fu Liangling) is from Jiaozuo. He was born on 5-8-06 and came to us on 6-2-07. Cole lives in the House of Peace.

Connor

Connor (Xiao Jie) is from Anhui. He was born on 5-8-08 and arrived here a week before I did in September. He has respiratory problems. He lives in the House of Blessings. He's a munchin and so adorable.

Celebrate their birthdays with me. What a blessing they are!

1 comment:

Jen Thompson said...

Hi Dawn! A friend led me to your blog when she share a photo of our son! We are planning on coming to China in June to adopt "Cole" /Jiang Ling!!!! Thanks for posting his photo and helping him to celebrate is birthday! I hope we wil be able to visit Shepherd's Field, but we don't know yet. I have enjoyed your blog and am encouraged to see God's hand in what you do. I look forward to following your journey! Blessings.