Friday, May 29, 2009

Gifts

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

I started my day off wonderfully. I was able to sleep in because today is a holiday in China. Of course, there is always way too much going on outside my windows for me to sleep much past 7: the fan starting in the kitchen around 5 am, ayis coming over to get the food, ayis bringing the garbage over, the gate guard who goes for a walk and sings. :) It's all good. I was up but I didn't want to take a shower right away so I went to check my email. I started out with such exciting news.

I stared down at the list and saw two people wanted to know more about my house. If I am to return here next year, I need to find new tenants. For those of you who are my pr*yer warriors, please be pr*ying for me to get the right tenants. I also need a home for my two cats. Anyways, I was so excited to know that two people wanted to know about my house. As a matter of fact, my mom is showing one of them the house later today. Those were two things that continue to give me hope even if they don't decide to rent the house. That started my day off praising Him and put a big smile on my face.

Then I scrolled back a little further in my email. My jaw hit the floor. I leaned in closer just to make sure I was reading it correctly. I got an email from my family coordinator at AWAA with the subject title "PA HAS ARRIVED"! For those of you in the adoption community you know what this is but let me fill the rest of you in. This is the FIRST paper you need from China that says they are considering you for a specific special needs child. This one tells you that they have preapproved you for your child. Yes, check one! Jade is one step closer to coming home to rest in her mama's arms. I was floored! My agency told me that since my paperwork has already gone through the review room that it was possible that I could get my PA as soon as the beginning of June. Last I checked...it's not June yet! Twenty one days and I received my PA! Woohoo! Thank you G*d! I love how you love me and I love how you long to give the fatherless a home. The day is coming soon that my daughter will no longer have to be known as an orphan. I know she is already mine though she doesn't even know I exist. I can't wait for the day that I can send her a little care package with pictures of me in there. I can't wait to show her all the love that I have been saving up for her! He has been busy making me into the woman I needed to be so I could be the best mom for her. This in itself would have made my day wonderful, but He didn't stop here!

Friends of mine are in the process of moving back to the states after living here for 7 years. Their children range in age from 15 years to 15 months. They have six children and just fostered a little girl who is only a few weeks older than my daughter is. I went over to visit them and they walked me through the house to see what I needed. They blessed me BEYOND measure! I have a highchair, clothes, shoes, a chalkboard easel, playdough, tinkertoys, bouncy balls, arts and crafts things, a special needs Mr. Potato Head (he's missing some parts), a Christmas Tree, Duplo blocks, musical instruments, a child's sized chair/table set and the list goes on. I suddenly got overwhelmed while there. I cried tears of joy on Renee's shoulder. He heard my heart. I never realized until that moment that I had wondered what I would be able to afford to buy for her once I got her home. What would we play with? I kept thinking of all the things I had in the states and wondered if I would be able to bring them back with me. He heard all those thoughts, those questions but never once did I ask HIM to provide them for me. Ye of little faith...I love that He knew what I needed, heard my heart and gave them to me anyways. I can't wait to get playdough stuck in the carpet! I can't wait to stub my toe on her stuff in her room that I forgot to put away before I put her to sleep. I can't wait to draw on the chalk board with her. I can't wait to feed her in her highchair as she wonders "what is this food she is feeding me? Where's the rice?". What an amazing gift today was. Thank you L*rd that every good and perfect gift does come from you. You are providing for me and her in ways that I never dreamed of. Thank you for loving the two of us that way!

1 comment:

mmj said...

Don't you love the way He listens and answers our prayers in ways we didn't think He would???What a great Dad!!!