Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Will and Kathy!

And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. Luke 1:14
On March 4th, we rejoiced over the birthday of Will (Fu Zhihua). He turned 3 years old. I realized when I sat down to write this that I don't have Will's picture. Sorry about that. I will try to remember and add it later.

On March 5th, it was Kathy's turn. Kathy (Gao Shenrong) turned 6 years old. She has a heart condition.

(front row L to R: Hayden, Joy and Kathy)

One of the things my boys do here is make cards for the children on their birthdays. We deliver them and sing Happy Birthday in Chinese to them. Zack has become very confident doing this. Nack has come a long way but this is still not comfortable for him. As we entered into the House of Peace to deliver Kathy's card, they told us she was upstairs. She was already in her room. Fortunately, she wasn't asleep and the nannies let us in. What we thought was joyous was not so for one of her roommates. Joy didn't mind but Holly started crying immediately. So much for bringing joy to the children! :) Kathy liked it...I guess that was all that mattered.

Join me in wishing them a Happy Belated Birthday. Sheng ri kuai le!

No comments: