Saturday, March 14, 2009

A weekend of birthdays

"Therefore know that the L*RD your G*d, He is G*d, the faithful G*d who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments; Deuteronomy 7:9

I love knowing He is faithful! He is not only faithful to me but to these orphans all around me! He has blessed them with loving nannies and people who come from around the world to give them love. He has also given you a desire to see what is happening in their lives otherwise you would be reading this right now. Let me get to the point of today's blog.

MORE BIRTHDAYS! Woohoo! On Saturday, March 7th, Peyton (Fu De) turned 2. He has a cleft lip and palate. I love teasing him when I go into the House of Blessings. He LOVES his nanny and when I pretend to try to take him from her, he clings tighter. He doesn't mind getting tickled though. He looks at me really strange when I laugh but he loves to blow me kisses or let me kiss his forehead when I am leaving. :)

Peyton

Shepherd's Field's next birthday was celebrated by Emily (Chang Mengyan). She turned 4 on March 8th. She has Thalessemia. From what little I know of it, it is an inherited recessive blood disorder. She was very excited to get her card from the boys. Her friend Margaret enjoyed checking out what she got too.

Emily

On March 9th, we celebrated 2 birthdays. (I got to celebrate 3 because that was my daddy's birthday too...and yes at 43, he is still my daddy!) Evan (Fu XinXing) turned 2. He has cleft lip and palate.

Evan
Luke (Tian Yi) also turned 2. He is one of our heart babies. He immediately started to cry as the boys and I came into the room. Fortunately, his loving nanny comforted him enough to let us take his picture with his card.


Luke


I feel so blessed to be able to share this with you. I hope you enjoy celebrating their birthdays as much as we do here. Join me in wishing them a belated Sheng ri kuai le!

3 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Oh sweet and precious babies - Happy Birthday! We are so thankful that you Peyton, Emily, Evan and Luke were born!!

We pray specifically that each of you treasured little ones would be placed in forever families that love Jes*s so that one day you will accept Him as your Savi*r.

And thank you Dawn for loving those that we cannot touch...you are a treasure too! xo

xHEADxBANGERx said...

Hi Dawn! Thank you for posting the birthday pic of our Emily MengYan! We had SO hoped to have her home before her Bday, but I am glad you were there to help her celebrate! Please give her a hug and tell her we are coming soon! Blessings, the McKinney family
rainbowfamilyfarm@earthlink.net

mmj said...

I love all the birthday pictures!! :) It is great to see the faces we are praying for.