Friday, February 6, 2009

Broken Hearts

'Then, if you walk contrary to Me, and are not willing to obey Me, I will bring on you seven times more plagues, according to your sins. Leviticus 26:21

This Sunday, we sang a song at church that had the following line in it: "Break my heart with what breaks yours." It so touched me. I felt I wanted to share this with you. Obviously, I procrastinated since it is now Friday but He put it back on my heart this afternoon.

Break my heart with what breaks yours...G*d wants us to know what kind of things break His heart. When we accepted Chr*st as our Sav*or, He comes into our heart and therefore, our heart should match His. I started thinking about this when I got an email recently regarding pr*ying for our new president. I know as I mention this some people are already raising their eyebrows and waiting for my next words. I ask you to be open...no matter whether you voted for President Obama or not.

G*d tells us to follow His commandments. I can tell you...it isn't always easy. It is a choice that I can make: His way or my way. I battle that daily with some days being more challenging than others. I also know I am not the only one that has this battle. He asks all of us to follow His commandments, whether we believe in Him or not. If we don't follow His ways to stay away from the things that break His heart, there are consequences.

Many of you are parents. If you are not, you are someone's child. When you ask your child to do something and they choose not to listen to you, aren't there consequences? Sometimes we are merciful with our children and sometimes when they repeatedly don't listen, the consequences are greater. Either way, G*d warns us of this happening to us when we don't follow His ways. He is our Father and those of us who believe in Chr*st are His children. No parent wants to punish their children but they know that this is necessary at times.

I desire that our country be blessed. I don't desire for us to live with the consequences of doing things that are against G*d's ways. This involves us making choices that follow G*d's heart and staying away from things that break His heart. That is my desire for our president, that He has G*d's heart directing Him and that the things that break G*d's heart will break President Obama's heart as well.

G*d calls His church to pr*y for our leaders. There is nothing greater you can give our country than to pr*y for your leaders. Please pr*y for the following:
1. God reveals His truth through wise counselors to the President
2. God convicts Mr. Obama's heart, leading him to repentance, and
3. God brings Mr. Obama to understand that His created life begins at conception.

You don't have to agree with him to pr*y for him. If you don't agree with him, all the more reason to pr*y for him. If you love your country, then I ask you to pr*y for our president.

No comments: