Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A package from the other side of the world

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. John 15:13

I have once again been blessed abundantly by friends! I arrived in my classroom yesterday to a very large box from home! My friend, Jenny, coordinated this amazing box! I opened it up to find cards from all the kids! I loved it! I have pictures, stories, notes about their love life, a Puerto Rico flag, all made with love. It was so wonderful! I cried.



I also received lots of treats as well as things I needed. It was so amazing to know that He knew my needs before I did. This happened to arrive on a day that I was missing people from home and some of the basic comforts, like independence. Nothing helps more when you are missing people than something that lets you know you are thought of and loved. I continue to be floored by how generous people have been since I have been here.



I was also blessed to be able to spend time with friends over the weekend. This always lifts your spirits. They brought me some treats also. They also brought me a package from my friends, the Pieschke's. I just want to wrap myself up in the pictures, the cards and all the goodies. I feel loved every time I look at them. Thank you to all of you who have sent me things while I have been here. Thank you to all of you who have encouraged me through pr*yer, emails, Skype and just loving me. I can't do this without all of you.

No comments: