Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Lantern Festival

"For You are my lamp, O L*RD; The L*RD shall enlighten my darkness. 2 Samuel 22:29

On Friday, the boys and I traveled into Langfang. It is about 30 minutes away from Shepherd's Field. We had a little field trip. For Chinese New Year, they decorated People's Park with lanterns and other things. It was really well done. We walked through the park and then went to McDonald's for lunch. We were able to order all our food IN CHINESE WITHOUT POINTING TO PICTURES! Woohoo! AND we got exactly what we wanted! SUCCESS!

As we walked through the park, I periodically would make the boys stand in front of something. I never realized what a challenge it would be to get 11 year old boys to willingly smile for the camera. Oh well, I think they turned out well in spite of that fact. Would you like to come for a walk through the park with me? Follow along!

Zack and Nate Baker










You know I hate to be in the pictures, but once again...this one is for you Anna and Sarah!
The week before, we had gone to the park at night. Here's a little different view for you to enjoy.






Yes, it's me again. Can you guess who I put this one in for? :)

1 comment:

mmj said...

Dawn,

Thank you for the pictures of you. We miss you very much.
Love you a lot,

Anna & Sarah