Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:14

Today is the day the Lord designed for Cameron. Today is his birthday! He turns 3. Sheng ri kuai le Cameron!



Cameron is a precious little man. He always has a smile when I walk into the House of Blessings. He loves to sing. Before I learned some Chinese songs to sing with the children, I often sang songs in English. I loved it when he would join in a on a tune he knew but would sing along in Chinese! He attends the Little Lambs Preschool. He is such a joy to spend time with.



Cameron has been diagnosed with Treacher Collins syndrome. Treacher Collins is a hereditary condition that causes facial defects. I am now realizing that I should have done a little more research on which traits Cameron has. One of the greatest resources I have found on conditions that Waiting Children have has come from www.lovewithoutboundaries.com. They sell a CD to raise money that includes 60 common conditions which Waiting Children may have. If you are considering adoption, I recommend you check it out. You may find that some things really aren't as bad as you might think. A special needs child may be just what fits with your family. I know there are over 100 children here that are all special needs and just waiting for a family.



Cameron was fearfully and wonderfully made. Our G*d didn't make any mistakes when He created Cameron. He knows the plans He has for Cameron. I can't wait to see all that will happen in this little boy's life. Join me in celebrating this day...Cameron's birthday...the day the Lord knew He would be born on. Happy Birthday Cameron!

3 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Happy Birthday Cameron! I am so very glad that God made you - you are a treasure in His eyes and in all of ours too. I pray that God brings you a forever family so that you are never lonely again!

Much love from Colorado! xo

Redeemedmama said...

Cameron, you are still waiting for a mama today 11/9/2012. He is currently listed with Lifeline and he is known as Eli on the site.

http://lifelinechild.org/new-hope-journey-lifelines-individual-list/

JS said...

AN UPDATE ON "Cameron":
He has been home with our family for almost 2 years. It has been a very difficult journey with him but we are starting to see progress. He is a special little guy. We love him and know that God has a plan, but sometimes God's plans are a hard path to follow. Please continue to pray for him and our family.
Thanks,
"Cameron's" mama :)