Monday, February 23, 2009

More funny "mother" stories

I just need you all to know, I have total respect for all of you that are mothers and even MORE respect for those of you who answered the call to have a large family. I came from a family of two kids. Certain things didn't happen...like large fights in the van among 3 boys while I was in the store picking up juice, milk and bread. I return to the car after getting my Starbucks splurge to find it silent except one crying who typically doesn't cry. This, of course, happened after our lovely lunch. Besides the typically adventures of keeping children entertained until the food comes, I got to deal with bathroom issues in the restaurant. Phil (7) had to go to the bathroom. One of his brothers offered to take him...not a good idea. I followed to make sure it was ok. The other brother was already in the other stall. Zack (11), who offered to help Phil, yells out "What smells?" while the door is wide open to the restaurant. As that echoes through the restaurant, I was mortified once again. There I stand with my eyes bugging out of my eyes and Zack looks at me and says "What?" like he has no clue. Love him! I get him out of the men's room...yes I was standing in the men's room now. Phil couldn't make it downstairs to get in the women's room 'cuz he had to go NOW! I herd him into the other stall while Nate (11) is next door to him yelling "Doing something private in here!" I spent alot of time laughing to myself this past four days. Do all mothers do that? Do people think you are crazy because you laugh and talk to your self? Back to the bathroom...I try to go back out of the MEN' S ROOM and Phil yells, "Miss Dawn. I can't reach." He was blessed with short legs and a tall urinal. Yes...you guessed it...I re-entered the men's room and picked up Phil so he could go. Needless to say, Nate is mortified on the other side and wanting us to leave. Eventually we gave him the privacy that he needed. I think all the people upstairs at Peter's Tex Mex was truly glad to see us go.

For those of you who are blessed to only have girls, if you didn't already know it, boys are a totally different breed! I tried SKYPEing my best friend on Saturday. I had Phil climbing all over me and Nate was holding up their littlest dog trying to show their little girls the dog's male anatomy. As I mutter through my teeth to cut it out, you get the cutest grin saying "What? I'm not doing anything?" Do they really think that we don't know what they are doing?

I can think of so many funny little things that happened this weekend. I am assuming that is how all mothers get through those challenging moments. It was all worth it. I got facebooked by their sister a little while ago and she said to me that Phil got up this morning and all sleepy said "Where's Miss Dawn?" Awww...I love him! He also asked her if I was going to be at their house when he got home. I guess I will do the family thing...but I am adding only one kid at a time. It has got to be easier that way...right?

2 comments:

mmj said...

Miss Dawn,

Sounds like there were some more video moments over the weekend. You know, I can just see your face at the resturant!! Was it anything like when you took Anna to the bathroom at Tom Wahl's??...wish I had been a fly on the wall...but then I would of had to fly to China and my "wings" would be very tired!!! :)
Laughing in Buffalo!!!
mmj

Table for Six said...

I am laughing so hard at this post. I can totally see this happening! Bob is grinning and shaking his head, "yep" like this is normal??!! but it IS normal! heahahhaha
boys ARE different than girls! not better or worse just very very very different!