Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Amazing...it's just AMAZING!

But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins, He said to the paralytic, "I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house." Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified G*d, saying, "We never saw anything like this!" Mark 2:10-12

Amazing...He is just amazing! I know you have heard me say it before but let me tell you again today...HE IS AMAZING! I started my day out praising Him for all that has happened in the last few months. He opened doors. He closed others. He continued to guide me through the wonder, peace, pain, tears and eventually brought me back to joy! I know that all He has let things into my life that He is going to use to make me into a better mom and woman.

BLESSING #1
At lunch time, I made a call regarding daycare. It is not always easy to get these things settled when you have 3 weeks notice and your original plans are thrown out the window. His timing however is always perfect! The woman I spoke to today came highly recommended by a friend of mine. This woman sends her pictures periodically of precious moments from her son's day, like his first kiss! I loved it because Jenn would have her day brightened by these and then she would share them with us and we were blessed too! This woman has an opening for the fall. She also only has 3 full time children during the day and two part time. She is also starting a pre-school which will greatly help Jade learn our language. EXTRA BONUS! She used to be an opthamalogic technician so she is familiar with albinos and vision problems. Woohoo! If He had stopped here for the day, I would have thought He was amazing! But He didn't!

BLESSING #2
Last week, I received notice from immigration that they have approved my homestudy. They informed me that they would mail it to the National Visa Center (NVC) by next Wednesday...two days from now. If I am going to be able to travel by next week, waiting for this to happen is not my choice. My agency said I don't need to wait until Wednesday and I can start calling NVC to see if they have received the paperwork yet. I can't book any flights or set up a consulate appoint until NVC sends the documents to Guangzhou, Ch*na. REMEMBER WHAT HE CREATED IN 6 DAYS? This should be easy! Me waiting for it...not so easy! I have called numerous times today but every time I call, I get a busy signal. I will keep trying. Fortunately, they are open later than most organizations are! In His hands...He can do anything. Last I checked, He is STILL in the miracle business! If He had stopped after this, I would have thought He was amazing! But He didn't!

BLESSING #3
I can't tell you how much it truly means to me to know that I can tell my daughter that I was able to bring her home through donations from family and friends. Not just a little bit but $11,000 worth of donations. As time is coming close, I added things up and figured out that I needed $3400 to be able to get to China. This is what I told A Child Waits Foundation (http://www.achildwaits.org/). Then I found out I hadn't budgeted in food or spending money. AWAA suggests $500-$700 for that for two weeks. I was on my way home today when I got a call from Cynthia Nelsen. She is the president for A Child Waits Foundation and she was calling with good news. They have given me a grant for $3500. ALLELUIAH! He is so worthy of all our praise! I am floored and amazed at how much He loves me and my daughter. He has provided all of this! None of it was by MY own good deeds. He did this because He can and I will forever tell the world all the GLORY AND HONOR of this adoption goes to Him, my Lord and Savior! He is sooooooo amazing! But He didn't stop here!

BLESSING #4
I was out looking for sandals this weekend for my trip. My present sandals are "floppy". The straps stretched and are loose on my feet. Bad time of year to look for sandals. I stopped into a store and they told me to bring my sandals in and they could punch more holes in them. I was in the area and was wearing them so I thought I would stop in. They punched them for me but this is not where He did His amazing work. I will tell anyone that will listen that I am adopting. I shared that with the women in the store. I also shared with them that I also had gotten a grant for the last amount I really needed today. One woman said she didn't know there were grants for adoption. I was given an amazing opportunity to share the things He had done for me and others who had adopted. This woman started crying. She shared with me that her and her husband had given up the hope of becoming parents because adoption was too expensive. I gave her some sites to check on and continued to tell her that it was no accident that I walked into this store. He knew...it needed to be on this day, on her shift, right before my adoption, and gave me an opportunity to share this story. Step my friends...step where He tells you to go. As you walk where He asks you to walk, you will be blessed. Blessed in AMAZING ways. As He blesses you, He will have you bless others. I am so glad that I was able to share my blessings with others. He loved this woman this much and knew the desires of her heart to become a mom that He sent me into this store at this perfect time to hopefully restore her hope in that! That is how much He loves us! May you faithfully walk where He asks you to walk so you too can be blessed in amazing ways!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, I am so happy for you! God is so great, and his timing is perfect!

Dawn said...

Thank you Sharon! I got your scriptures. They spoke right from Him, through you, to me. Thank you for that!

Wolfes Home said...

Amazing, I love it! I love to hear how He is faithful. So glad you are recording these for your sweetie to see in the future. Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn,

You are such an encouragement to me, you just don't know. Sharon and I may not be going through an adoption, but we are facing some unprecedented challenges in our lives right now, and I'm lifted by your reports of God's grace in your life. What I see and hear is that YOU ARE BEING THE CHURCH. You're not only looking for answers to your prayers, but you're willing and eager to point to the Answer for others, and they see Him through you. Thanks Sister. You are very special, and Jade is blessed to have a Momma like you! Peace.