Friday, August 21, 2009

It's been sent!

Those who rest in the shadow of the Most High God will be kept safe by the Mighty One. Psalm 91:1

I have been waiting, not so patiently, for my papers to travel from Buffalo, NY to somewhere in New Hampshire. Two weeks ago, I received confirmation that my papers were approved. Immigration (USCIS) said it would take at least a week to get them to the National Visa Center in NH. Were they sending them by bike messenger? As of last Friday, they had not received them. On Wednesday, I called again. For those of you wondering why I didn't call every day to see if they had them, I couldn't live with the disappointment of them not being there. So I waited. I was told they did have them and they had sent them on. My approved home study and fingerprints have been sent to Guangzhou, China! Woohoo! This means I can now FINALLY book a ticket and travel to China!

Jade, your mama is coming!

My plan is to travel to China on Monday, August 31st. This will allow me a few days to return to Shepherd's Field Children's Village and start going through boxes. My classroom was packed up before I returned home as we were moving into the new school in the Fall. A team blessed me by packing up my room. Now I need to go back through each box to locate my personal items as well as items the Baker boys may need back in the states for them to be successful. My mother and I will meet up with the other families in Beijing on Friday, September 4th.

Jade will be in my arms on Monday, September 7th! It will be our Labor Day back here in the states. For me, it will a day of rejoicing as this labor of love finally happens. I wouldn't trade one single minute of this. All the challenges...all the road blocks...all the hurdles...all to shape and mold me into the mom He needs me to be. I don't know how families go through all these challenges without Him. I have thanked Him numerous times for giving me strength when I had none, peace when I was fearful, mercy when I chose my own paths, wisdom when I asked for it and He continues to give.

Wednesday night, I got home from church and started to question whether I should go no or wait. All along, I had planned on using some of my sick time for my adoption. I received notice from work last week that since I would not be returning to work until September 28th, I would not be eligible to use my sick time from this school year. I can only use what I have accrued...which is very little. This would put me without a paycheck for 3 weeks. Due to this fact, I started getting fearful and thinking "well, if I start work, I could go later to get Jade and then I will have sick time to use." I don't know if any one else does this but I tend to sometimes think I need to figure it out for G*d. He must need my help, right? Ha! WRONG!

I knew what I needed to do. I needed some quiet time...just Him and I. I came home and just sat at his feet. I started reading. I read Numbers 11:25 and it spoke of how the spirit came upon them. I needed that. I had a quick decision I needed to make. I needed His spirit to guide me as my wisdom is nothing compared to His. As I read and listened, I could hear Him saying "Have I not provided all that you have needed for this adoption already? Why do you think I can't take care of this also?" As the night went on, I felt stronger. I knew it would be ok. But I LOVE how He doesn't just leave it there. He knew I still had a little doubt.

As I lay in bed Thursday morning, I kept thinking about all the promises He had already fulfilled in my life. I praise you L*rd for loving me that way. Suddenly, He showed me that if I were to start work and use only some of my sick time, I would still end up with almost the same amount of days without pay. Traveling later would mean I would miss 4 weeks of school instead of just three since I am traveling before school starts. I LOVE HOW YOU WORK, L*RD! When we ask for YOUR wisdom, you give it abundantly! Thank you for being such a loving Father that you desire to give your children all they need!

I still don't know how this will work out but I BELIEVE and TRUST that He does. Anything He allows into my life will be used for His glory. This adoption journey has been an amazing story that He has written. What a journey Jade is on. She doesn't even it know it yet but He is stiching together an amazing story in her life...one that started with being born as a precious little child who is an albino, abandoned and an orphan but soon to be a part of a family. May she one day also give her heart to my L*rd and Sav*or, Jes*s Chr*st and know that she has a promise in heaven.

No comments: