Thursday, August 6, 2009

News from a far country

As cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a far country. Proverbs 25:25

When you are waiting on news for your adoption, nothing is better than news from Ch*na! This news arrived on Monday. I received my part via an email but the title was "Travel Approval." Yes, my dear friends, it has arrived!

November 2003 Joined AWAA Support Group
November 2004 Sent in application for adoption
December 23, 2006 DTC (Documents to China)
December 25, 2006 Best Christmas Gift of all...documents ARRIVE in China
January 27, 2007 Log in Date
April 22, 2009 Submitted application for Waiting Child
May 4, 2009 Received Jade Mingcong's referral
May 28, 2009 Received PreApproval from China
June 19, 2009 Received Referral Acceptance or Letter of Acceptance
August 3, 2009 Received Travel Approval

So much more fits in between all those lines above but ALL of it is worth it. In two weeks, I could be traveling to get my daughter! Woohoo! What a gift this will be. He has so tested and polished my faith as He does when He has us faithfully (or at times trying to be faithfully) waiting for Him. I am still waiting on some very important documents that will decide if I travel with the next group on August 20th or not.

I can't even make any travel arrangements until I get approval from Immigration. With the most recent changes, I had to change my home study again. They were able to get that done and on Monday I sent it out. If they approve it by the latest of August 17th, I can still make it on this trip. I also have not yet heard from the grants. I am still short $3400 but where He guides, He does provide. He has already raised $11,000 so this is nothing for Him. He will show me exactly what I need to do to accomplish this and it may just mean waiting more on Him. Either way...He will show me and His promise will be fulfilled. She is to be my daughter and there is nothing that is going to stop Him from accomplishing that!

Oh yeah...if I haven't told you lately...I'm going to be a mama and I can't wait! :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I would like to make a donation toward your adoption. Where can I send it?

In Christ, Sharon

The Vickerman's said...

So very exciting!!! I am so happy for you! can't wait to see how the rest of you journey unfolds:)

Many Blessings (from China -last day here - woohoo!)
Kirsten<><