Monday, August 31, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me. Matthew 18:5

It's here! it's finally here! On Tuesday morning September 1st, I get on a plane to go back to China! this time, I will be going to get my daughter! AMEN! Praise the L*rd! My mother and I leave Rochester, NY around 10:30 am and arrive in Beijing on September 2 at 8:05 pm. What a L O N G day! We will be heading to Shepherds' Field Children's Village first. I wanted to be able to start sorting through my belongings in the classroom and spend soem tiem with friends before I get Jade. We will meet the other families in Beijing on the evening of the 4th. We will do some touring in Beijing and my mother will get to see many of the things I have already experienced. When you wake up on Labor Day, Jade Mingcong Rittenhouse will officially be my daughter! Woohoo! Yes...I am FINALLY going to be a mom! :)

I joined the AWAA Adoption Support Group in our area 6 years ago. Throughout that time, I have seen many families walk through the Rochester Airport with their children that they have prayed for. I have always pictured the day I would finally get to be the parent on the other side of the glass, walking down with my duaghter toward all the people who were waiting to welcome us home. When I started looking at flights, all the flights came in at around 11 pm. I knew there would be very few people able to make it. I love how He hears the desires of our heart, even when we don't ask Him for them. As I gave into the fact that this wouldn't be a dream that would happen, my agent came bck to me and told me he had a new flight and it got into rochester at 6:05 pm. Thank you L*rd! I love how you love me and blessme beyond measure! I know many of you do not live in my area but I would like to extend an invitation to any of you who would like to come. Come witness the miracle of adoption at the Rochester Airport on Monday, September 21st at 6:05 pm (United Flight UA 7388 from Washington) when my mother and I bring my daughter, Jade, home.

Don't forget, I will be blogging in Ch*na! My father bought a video camera because he wants to see my face when I get her. Not only have I been waiting but so has my whole family. I will try and add the videos as we go as well. Things add s l o w l y in China so check Facebook too. I can always upload pics faster there.

Oh yeah...if I haven't told you lately! I AM FINALLY GOING TO BE A MOM! :)

6 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope your journey is an easy one.

Blessed Family said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Praying for a safe journey and a happy union.

Charlene said...

How I wish I could be there to welcome you home with YOUR DAUGHTER! I have tears of joy streaming down my face, it's here! It's really here!

We will be lifting you and your daughter and your journey up in prayer each day.

I can't imagine the wild range of emotions you must be feeling and will feel in the next week... what a life change rollercoaster ride of a journey...

Feel free to email if you have any questions or concerns. I'll be thinking of you often.
God bless!

Mandie said...

I am so excited for you to meet Miss Jade and shower her with your love. Many blessings to you on this most important and life changing trip to China. China will now mean something entirely different to you after this trip. You are in my prayers. Many blessings to you!

Wolfes Home said...

Can't wait to see your first post from CHINA!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
I've followed your blog for a few months and I found it because I am adopting a little girl from PHF and we are leaving on the 9th of September travel to Ch*na for her!!! Give Su Ci a kiss from her momma if you see her. I wish I would have contacted you before you left; I procrastinate but we were both waiting for our okay to travel at the same time. Your group will be just ahead of ours, I guess. We come home the 24th!!
BEST WISHES TO YOU AS YOU TRAVEL TO LOVE ON JADE AND BRING HER HOME!
Blessings, Christa