Monday, September 7, 2009

Beijing 1

And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:10

Today was wonderful! We started touring today. Mom was able to see many of the things I have been able to see here in China. She was disappointed as our original plan had to be changed. October1st is a holiday here in China. To prepare for this, they closed Forbidden City. One of the things we have to deal with here is not having ANY control over many things that will happen. So we started the day walking Tiannamen Square. After that, we headed to the Jade Factory. Mom and I found a piece of jade for Jade to wear when she is older. Mom is not enjoying how much attention you get from the sales people. Shopping should be interesting in the markets for mom!

We left the Jade Factory and headed out to lunch. We had more food than we could finish. I always feel arrogant and greedy when they order so much food and then it is left there…wasted. I wonder how the Chinese look at us when we do this. After lunch, we headed to the great wall.

The land here is so amazing. No matter how many times I have seen it, it still amazes me. As for the wall, God allowed man to create this. It is so stunning. When they started building it in 200 something BC, they used 1 million men to do this. That was 1/10th of China’s population at the time. Many men died while working on the wall. For more details on the wall, check back to my posts in October and/or November 2008.

I was so proud of mom. She wasn’t sure she was going to make it or not. I have pictures to prove it! She made it to the first tower! Way to go mom! We have some amazing families on this trip. It was fun to sit on the wall hearing some of their stories. Each one of us has a story to tell. I love how God has worked in each family here.

One more day of touring and then mom and I get on a train. We head over to Tianjin on Monday morning. Jade, mama is coming!

No comments: