Friday, September 25, 2009

The gift of a child

A gift is a precious stone in the eyes of its possessor; Wherever he turns, he prospers. Proverbs 17:8

Jade is considered a precious stone of China. Jade is also my precious baby girl. I tell her that daily both in Chinese and in English. She too is a gift to me. I praise Him for designing her for me daily as I know that such a perfect gift could only come from Him.

I stood in my kitchen the other day and was just watching her explore her new world. I thought about the gift He sends to us in the form of a child. Each day with her, I feel like I see something new in her. It is like I am unwrapping this beautiful package each day and the gift justs keep getting better and better.

Even if you don't have children, God did this for us as well. His son, Jesus Christ, was sent to us as a child. When you accept Christ as your Savior, each day is a new day and you get to see something new. I learn new things about Him each day. I also see areas that He is working on in me. I am soooo glad that He is still working in me as I don't want to make mistakes with her. I can see areas in my life that He has been molding me for so I would be ready for this moment with her. Each day living for Him and with Him is a gift.

For those of you who have experienced the gift of a child through adoption, I thank you for eliminating one more orphan in this world. For those of you who have not, you may want to consider it. It is an amazing gift. For my friend who have given birth as well as adopted, they say there is no difference. They are your child. I know that as I look into her eyes, I see the eyes of God...perfect, pure, meek, loving, patient. Everything about her was designed specifically for me.

Right now, she lays upstairs sleeping. She awoke from her nap earlier and got up briefly. She had shots and blood drawn today. She lay in my arms downstairs and just kept asking for Cheerios, a drink and to go to sleep. Jetlag and all these daily challenges as dr appts, carseats and visiting daycare in preparation for Monday have been challenging. I know He is watching over us and directing us. I pray He continues to let me clearly hear His wisdom as He guides me on what is best for my precious baby girl.


Our friend Nancy holding her at the shower they had for us at work


Jade with her grandpa


Jade with my brother's son, Hunter


Jade and I at Laura's wedding reception before we left China

1 comment:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Great photos!

I hope all is going well. I did respond to your email regarding your daughter's eye doctor. When you have time, drop me a line and let me know what you've decided about further doctor visits.

I'm praying for you both.