Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We passed the TB test!

“But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14

Praise the Lord! It was not pretty initially but He is faithful and she passed. We were the first ones in because her “spot” was 8 mm x 5 mm. Anything 5 mm big will require an xray. Let’s just say it was so painful to have to hold her up against the xray machine and the more she struggled the longer it took to get a clear picture. He is so faithful though as both xrays showed clear lungs! The entire bus cheered as we got back on the bus!
I have been talking to some of the women here and many of us have had those human doubts and fears that we know are not of God while we are here. There are so many Godly families in this group. I know that does not make the enemy happy. It means there are more children that are going to hear about God’s grace, mercy, faithfulness and be able to see the light of Jesus Christ shine through their families. He doesn’t want to lose this battle but as far as we parents are concerned, we will openly take on this battle with the enemy. We will NOT hold back all of God’s goodness and share the gift of having a savior with our children. One friend of mine, who has adopted a little one from China almost 4 years ago, had her daughter recently tell her that Jesus was her daddy’s best friend and she wanted him to be hers too. As sweet as it is to hear my daughter echo back to me “I love you”, those words will be so much sweeter.
I forgot to tell you one of the sweetest moments from yesterday. Since touch is one of my love languages, my daughter has had to suffer from many kisses and snuggles from her mama. Fortunately, she has had no complaints so far. Yesterday, as she was crying in my arms, I leaned down and kissed the top of her head. A few seconds later, she lifted her head and kissed my chin. I have a tear in my eye just thinking of that moment. I know I have already told you this but I love her!
After the torture of the xray, she was emotionally spent and we were supposed to walk around Shaiman Island and shop. Many of the families also wanted to get our pictures taken at the White Swan Hotel. This is a famous hotel re: adoptions. There is a red couch inside that families go to have their children’s pictures taken on. Let’s just say…Jade was not too cooperative for this one. Mom’s joke lately is “How are we going to know Jade was even here in China? All we ever see you with is a child with a pink hat…no face.”  We do have an increasing number of those but there are just as many other precious shots of her. However, this afternoon was another wonderful moment in the baby steps she is taking! I have had to carry her around up until a few days ago when she started to be willing to walk around holding my hand. Today, she was willing to ride in the stroller for over an hour! Woohoo! We may make it through the airport in South Korea and Washington yet! 
Tomorrow, they do the paperwork at the consulate for Jade. On Wednesday, I get sworn in and we get her visa. On Thursday, we head back up to Shepherd’s Field Children’s Village. As much as I long to see everyone there and be able to complete my packing and my good byes, I just want to take my little girl home. She has had to go through so many transitions. Adding one more to her list isn’t what I want to do but there is no choice in this. I couldn’t take all my luggage with me all over China so returning is necessary. Just keep her in prayer as she faces one more transition and then a LONG flight home. I am praying that what happened on the last flight doesn’t happen on Thursdays or our flight back home. I love that His mercies are new every morning and He doesn’t give me more than I can handle.

No comments: