Thursday, September 17, 2009

Swearing in

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

He is so faithful and again, He hears the desires of our hearts even when we don’t go to Him and tell Him. I was disappointed today as I had expected to attend a swearing in ceremony with families I didn’t know. I wanted to be a part of our group. He knew that. Today, the last eight families had their paperwork done at the consulate and because there were so small a number of families, they moved their swearing in date to today! Yippee! Praise the Lord! Not only was I there with the families that I have gone through this journey with but the Kulp family (from our AWAA Support Group) was also there. I love how He takes those desires and puts them together better than you could have ever asked for! He has proved that again and again on this journey.

This is going to be a short one as I need to get up in 5 hours to catch our flight to Beijing. Jade continues to have challenges going into new situations with large groups and in noisy places. A family suggested I try cotton balls. I am not sure if that is for her or to hand out to the people around us but we are going to try that tomorrow to get through the airport and the flight. She did not do well at the consulate today. She cried and screamed for a long time. Once we sat down and I sang to her, she did better. She prefers Old Macdonald right now and tells me by putting her hands on my face, looking at me and saying “Ee Ii Ee Ii Oo”. Hey if it works and keeps her from crying in those situations, I will sing it until I lose my voice! Please pray for her. Pray I have the wisdom to know what will comfort her and that the people around us have patience with a crying child on a 3 hour flight. My back is starting to bother me and carrying two bags and her tomorrow through the airport could be challenging.

With a flight back to Beijing, I have to put her through another transition. This one could be more challenging as it is an orphanage situation. There will be many Chinese friends who will want to meet her. She tends to shy away from the other children as well and last I checked, SFCV still has over 100 children there. We will only be there 3 days before I have to take the long flight home with a 10 hour layover in South Korea. Just please continue to keep us in prayer.

I didn’t have time to download pictures so I will try to get you some extras tomorrow!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Hi, Dawn! So exciting to be following you. We pray for you often! I have loved seeing the pics of the 2 of you!

Don't know if you got my fb message, but Troy has given me the ok to explore Joy's file and try to find it! I've been trying to get some more info from Drs. Moody, but info is slow coming. As soon as we give the ok, our agency will help us find her file and request it to go directly to their agency. If you can find out anything about her mental abilities and maybe a picture of her back...I know that sounds weird, sorry. Just wanting to be prepared. After reading, sounds like some with both her special needs sometimes have spina bifida occulta or tethered cord so we're looking for the dimple on the lower back or a spot with hair growing on the spine... Sorry, I KNOW you are busy!!

I so wish I could be there at the airport to welcome you and Jade home! She sounds like an absolute sweetheart! God is so good!

troyandcharlene93@yahoo.com

Mom Of Many said...

Praying!! For peace and comfort. You know what to do. Singing is what she wants and so thats what you've done. You are a great mommy. Be confident!! You guys are doing awesome!! He prepared you from when you were a little girl...and now it has come to fruition...relax, enjoy her and do what comes naturally. I was a mom with six kids when we brought Isaiah home and I did the best I could when he would scream non-stop and bite me!! Yes, he bit me!! So mom of many or first-timer...you are doing awesome! Promise!! xo