Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Day At Shepherd's Field

“But Jesus said, Suffer little children,
and forbid them not, to come unto me:
for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
Matthew 19:14

Today we finished sorting through my belongings. I had many items donated to me for Jade that I had intended to you when I returned to China to live. We also finished up the classroom. By the afternoon, we were able to go and spend some time with the children. What a blessing that was!
We started at Samaritan’s House. Wow! I couldn’t believe how big Sam had gotten! (Once I get home, I will try to go back and add some more pictures so my friends, please be patient. ) Ella’s hair is growing back after her surgery. I think it will be soon that they will be able to put her cute little pony tails back in on top. Zoey was a smiley as ever. Walter is just the cutest little thing…so tiny yet so interested in the world around him. Joey is starting to show signs of being able to localize to sound as they release the stiffness in his neck through therapy. Praise God as the nannies kept saying…”He can’t see. He can’t hear. What do we do with him?” No longer! Woohoo!
We then went to House of Peace. Mom started getting more comfortable. I could see her heart taking in each little child. She started asking questions about what would happen in each of their lives. She wanted to know more about them.
Our last home for the day was House of Blessings. For those of you who have been in there with those boys… you know how exhausted you can quickly get in there! J When they say “they are all boy”, we have a few of them in here! I was so excited. As I sat there, Peyton came over to me on his own! Yea! For the past year, I would go in there and if I ever approached him, he would cry and reach out for his nanny. Not this time! He walked over to me (and his gait is now strong!) and put his hand on my shoulder to get my attention. It was a precious moment. Adam also came over to play with me and Connor crawled up into my lap. I loved those moments! The next best was when the school age children came back into the home. They saw me sitting there and remembered how much I loved to sing with them. They immediately broke into song! I had Josiah, Malachi, Bea, and several others all around me as we sang. Malachi directed what we were going to sing and he started singing “Jesus loves me” and “Deep and wide”! It worked for me. Mom got this on video so I will upload that once I get home. Mom sat on the couch snuggled in with Cody and Robert.
As we drove to Beijing, Mom says spending time at Shepherd’s Field was one of the highlights of this trip. Thank you Lord for letting her see many of the reasons why I loved it so much there and will continue to love it there.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing your time at SFCV. No pressure uploading more pictures we know you will be busy. Aww, I would love to see that video of the kids singing. Must have been so precious!

Wolfes Home said...

So neat that your mom got to see where you spent many months of your life. I know those little guys all loved seeing you again, too!

Dad of 7 said...

God continues to do a good works through you. Not before receiving your daughter, God wanted to knit you and your mother closer together for this new season of motherhood. Only a connection of peace and love a mother and daughter could have. Remember well for when Jade fills both of your lives their will be another season when Jade will do the same to you. May all the glory be to the Lord for he is worthy. Thank you for the tears of joy from your journey.