Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lots of little blessings

Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:4
Blessings…that is what the last 24 hours has held for me. It started last night. I forgot to tell you about something she did while we were lying down and trying to fall asleep. I kept telling her in Chinese and English to go to sleep. One time when I told her to go to sleep in Chinese, she turned to me and corrected me!  I felt like I was back in Chinese class. Even my daughter knows my tones stink! She is quite the funny little lady.
This morning started out with paperwork. Fortunately, I didn’t have to go to the consulate…only our guide goes. She took care of all the paperwork and I got a call at 10:45 am telling me she was done and her paperwork is complete! Praise the Lord! Tomorrow we head to the US Consulate for the swearing in ceremony at 3 pm.
Please keep the families in prayer. There are still two families who are having challenges with their paperwork. Remember that paperwork I was waiting on from USCIS and it going from there to the National Visa Center? Well, two families had the proper documents that said it was all in order but the information here that was sent is not accurate. They have been working since we got here to get it in order. He is still in control and He still sits on the throne! This will all work out on the 11th hour, 59th minute. Just pray they can keep His peace while they wait as there is nothing else they can do at this point. It is in His hands and there are no better hands for this to be in.
While we walked around on Shamian Island this afternoon, we ran into one of my favorite families: Tara, Joe and their daughter Mylii. They walked us over to a shop that was run by “brothers and sisters”. It was wonderful to talk with them. They were so excited that Tara and Joe brought their friends back to their shop. They were very kind. We also found a shop that all the proceeds benefit orphans. I would like to help them find a way to sell their wares in the states to help raise funds for them. The handiwork is unique and good quality for the cost. I found the most precious Christmas stocking in the silk brocade for only $7. This was another one of those stores that I felt no need to barter at.
While shopping today, one shopkeeper was talking to my daughter. She was asking her questions. Some of their conversation I understood. At one point in time, she looked amazed. I asked her what Jade said. She told me that Jade had just told her that her mama loved her and she loved her mama. It may or may not be what Jade truly said but it touched my heart anyways. Her mama does love her…more than she knows.
As we lay down to sleep, we said our prayers as we usually do. Jade doesn’t want to hold hands to pray but she will put her hands together on her own now. Tonight, after we were done praying and we were just laying there snuggling, she put her hands together again and said “Amen.” She certainly touches my heart in places I never knew existed! Lord, may you continue to draw her to you and may she one day come to know you as her Lord and Savior.
Thank you Lord! You continue to bless me beyond measure and way beyond what I deserve. Thank you for loving Jade and I that much!

No comments: